The bad news and the good news
So three weeks ago (Dec. 31st) I started the second half of my chemo treatments. For most people this treatment is supposed to be easier than the first half was. I was hoping.....no such luck. A few days after the treatment, my hands started to get red and a little swollen and were very painful. It was as if they had been burned----only from the inside. We tried creams and lotions. Nothing seemed to help. On January 7th, we met with Dr. Nibley so they could check my blood counts. Apparently this was a very rare side effect and if we continued with the Taxitere, it would only get worse each time. So Dr. Nibley switched my treatment to Taxol. The bad thing is that there is nothing they could do for my hands. They got really dry and then peeled. Not fun. The good thing is that this treatment will be every two weeks so I will be done sooner! Yay!!!!!!! I had been really struggling with the thought of enduring the side effects and wearing hats and scarves for 9 more weeks. Now it is only 6 weeks. I can handle that! I will start feeling better sooner and maybe even start growing hair sooner! I'm so sick of hats.... Anyway, I start the Taxol tomorrow. Hopefully, I won't have any reactions and the next 4-6 weeks will go smoothly. Cross your fingers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment